Bondora was founded in 2008 and is one of the oldest and most trusted peer-to-peer platforms on the market. Until a couple of months ago, the only way to invest your money with Bondora was by investing in consumer loans directly through Portfolio Pro or their Portfolio Manager.
In May 2018, Bondora released Go & Grow. The big advantage of Go & Grow compared to other crowdlending offers is that you can access your money at any time, which is not possible if you’re lending your money out on other platforms (although you might be able to sell loans on the secondary market). Bondora automatically invests your money into a well-diversified bucket of tens of thousands of different loans across all credit ratings (AA-HR).
If you invest for the first time at Bondora don’t forget that you can get € 5 signup bonus for your first investment, more details HERE.
What is Go & Grow?
Go & Grow works as easily as (if not easier than) traditional investment methods whilst giving you an impressive return of 6.75% p. a. You simply add money to the account, then you can view and track your return on a daily basis. What’s more, there is no minimum term to hold your investment— meaning you can liquidate your account with ease.
A fundamental difference between Go & Grow and the products of other peer-to-peer lending platforms is the liquidity. If you’re looking for a short-term product in which you can liquidate your investment quickly, this is difficult to do with other existing platforms.
Reasons to use Go & Grow
The P2P industry has gained enormous popularity over the past few years. However, some investors have felt excluded from the incredible opportunity due to thinking they lack enough experience. No matter your experience level, Go & Grow offers market-leading benefits for all:
- 6.75% p.a. return
- Faster liquidity, meaning you can cash out your investment with minimal effort
- Lower risk than other existing products, achieved via a diversified portfolio of investments backed by advanced and reliable technology
- You only pay taxes when you make a withdrawal over your initial capital investment
- There is a flat withdrawal fee of €1, regardless of the size of the account
- No annual management fees
- Share your account access and invest with people you trust to achieve a common goal
- Ideal for beginners, as no previous investment experience is necessary
- Automated features
A very important aspect for Bondora Go & Grow and which is not explained very clearly is that INTEREST is added DAILY to your account, so you do not have to wait a certain amount of time to benefit from the growth. This way, within a short period of time, you can clearly see the progress you are making towards your goal and how much Bondora has contributed to your total progress.
Other features of Bondora’s Go&Grow
- Invite the people you trust: you can invest in cooperation with your friends and family members. To add authorized users to your Go & Grow account, click on the blue arrow in the upper right-hand corner of your account next to the settings wheel. You will then see the option “Invite to Go & Grow” appear. Once you click on this, enter the name and e-mail address of the person with whom you want to start investing. You can also select whether you want to grant this person the authority to withdraw from the account. You should only enable this feature for the people you trust.
- Sub-accounts: you can create multiple accounts within Go & Grow (or “sub-accounts”) which will be independent of one another.
- Setting goals: you can set goals for each sub-account within Go & Grow. You enter your starting capital amount, the amount you plan to invest monthly, and the duration of time for which you plan to invest. Bondora then combine this with the offered return rate to give you the “potential gain” figure.